Chapman Auto Repair of Orange is a Brake and Lamp Inspection Facility serving Santa Ana, Tustin, Garden Grove, Villa Park, Irvine and Irvine. Any car, truck or SUV that has been registered as non-operational or that has a salvage title may need a complete brake and light inspection to ensure that these basic safety systems are working well enough to get it re-registered and back on the road safely. We thoroughly check all aspects of these systems to prepare you for your California Brake and Lamp Inspection. Chapman Auto Repair of Orange is here to help you get your vehicle ready for inspection with simple testing and affordable repairs for any make or model of vehicle.
Summary Of Brake & Lamp Inspection Points
- Shoe/Pad Wear – Brake Shoes or linings can be no thinner than 3/32 to metal of any kind and they will be measured
- Drum/Rotor Wear – Brake Drums and rotors must be within manufacturers specifications and they will be measured
- No Missing Pieces – All braking hardware must be present, installed correctly, and in working order.
- No signs of leakage – this includes master cylinder, wheel cylinders, calipers, valves, lines & connections.
- No Cracks – Check the hoses, no cracks are allowed.
- Warning lamps – They must glow when they are supposed to glow and be off when they are supposed to be off.
- E-Brake – Emergency brake must be capable of holding the vehicle on a 6% grade.
- Panic Stop – Vehicle must be able to stop in less than 20 feet at a speed of 25mph.
- Headlights must be functioning – All originally equipped lighting equipment must be in working order.
- Headlights must be aimable – All adjusting hardware must be in good working order.
- Intact Lenses – No cracks that will allow any white light to be emitted.
- Reflectors – All reflectors must be intact.
- Interfering Body Damage – Body damage that interferes with the visibility of lighting equipment must be repaired prior to inspection.
- Intact Aiming Pads – Damage to headlamp aiming pads will need to be corrected prior to the inspection. These are the little pointy things on the lamps glass. They cannot be broken off.
If the vehicle is equipped with aftermarket lighting equipment, it must function properly or be removed. This includes fog lamps and off-road style spot lamps.